The ABAC Management Committee sets the strategic direction, manages and reviews the operations and publications of the ABAC Scheme with a view to:
- encourage industry members, large and small, to participate in the quasi-regulatory system;
- ensure an effective quasi-regulatory system;
- monitor ABAC operations and improve them where necessary;
- Manage the ABAC Pre-vetting Service as an effective mechanism to support and strengthen the aims of ABAC and encourage the use of this service; and
- Co-ordinate the development and completion of a publicly available annual report.
The Management Committee includes representatives of each of the following associations, as well as a government representative:
Each member of the Management Committee represents a group of stakeholders in alcohol beverage marketing regulation. The Management Committee meets at least four times a year and any issues raised by any member or referred by the Panel or Pre-vetters receive full consideration. In practice, the Committee operates on a consensus basis.
The ABAC Rules and Procedures outline the way in which each of ABAC's components, including the Management Committee, operate.